Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Work-Out Queen

Later I will talk about my work-out routine, but for now I'm going to share with you all the boutique fitness studios that I love to go to!

Most of the time, I work-out at a gym - mostly because my wallet cannot support me constantly working-out at these studios. However, I do feel like these places yield better results and make working-out "fun".

Here are my favorites:

  • Pilates of Boca: I am a HUGE fan of Pilates. If this is not in your work-out routine now, then you must add it. I have been going to this studio ever since I moved home from college. The owner of this studio is very good friends with the owner of the studio in Tallahassee (where I went weekly). Anyways - I typically do the mat classes. Why? Because they are the most challenging and they are the cheapest! It can't get any better than that! If you are in the South Florida area, I highly suggest that you try this studio out. It's fantastic. (If not - try your local Pilates studio.) Here are my favorite instructors: Stefanie Ellis (she is the owner), Nicole Callis & Tanya Failla (she is my favorite!).
  • Pure Barre: This is a chain studio that is popping up all over the United States. I first discovered this little gem in Nashville, Tennessee. Then, one opened up in Boca Raton right when I moved back down here. This work-out incorporates Pilates, dance & weights to lift and tone your body. It works every muscle! I ALWAYS feel this work-out the next day.
  • FlyWheel: This is the BEST cycle class you will ever go to. I can't even go to a regular spin class at LA Fitness anymore - because the classes are so boring. Anyways, this studio gives each rider their own cycling shoes (this makes such a huge difference). And, the bikes are set-up "stadium style" so everyone can see the instructor. The music selection is always amazing - and all the instructors talk and motivate you through the entire work-out. My favorite part of the class is when we use weights for our arms. It breaks up the class a bit and adds something you normally wouldn't get at a "gym-style" spin class. My favorite instructor is Angela Lutin. She kicks ass!
  • Bikram Yoga of Delray Beach: I must say that the BEST Bikram Yoga studio I have ever been to was in Nashville, Tennessee. The instructors were amazing and the studio, itself, was gorgeous. Anyways - this is my favorite studio in the South Florida area. The benefits of practicing this yoga are unbelievable. I am a runner - so this always helps me when my muscles get really tight. And - the best part? You can burn up to 900 calories in one class!
So, I hope I was able to share some valuable information to you. :)

...xox..

Liz

1 comment:

  1. Liz, love the blog! I am dying to try PureBarre (or any barre workout class), but there are no studios in Jacksonville! I'm moving to Ft. Lauderdale in July, so hopefully they will have one in that area by then, can't wait to try it out! :D

    ReplyDelete