Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tips on How to Feel & Look Your Best

"How can I lose weight?" "What should I eat?" "How do I exercise?"

These are some of the questions that I'm asked quite frequently - whether it's a colleague from work or a close friend. 

I understand that some people don't even know where to begin. 

Let me give you a short list - to help you get started. Getting on the right track to looking & feeling healthy can be difficult at first. However, it's very doable - if you have the willpower.

Where You Can Cut Calories
  1. Omit the cheese. Did you know that a slice of cheese on a sandwich can add an extra 100-150 calories?
  2. Drink lots of water. Many times we think we are hungry - but really, we're thirsty!
  3. No fast food. This is a killer to your diet. After taking this out for 2 weeks - you won't have a craving.
  4. No soda. Sugar, sugar, sugar.
  5. The less bread, the better. Opt for wraps (for sandwiches), brown rice or quinoa for your carbs.
I never said this was easy - but it's good to be aware what's bad for you & where you can substitute! 

Exercise Is Key
  1. Cardio: run, walk or ride a bike. If you're not sure how to exercise - start with cardio. This is the foundation - and where the pounds will shed.
  2. Be consistent. Workout at least 4 times a week. One hour of your day is nothing - it's only 5% of your day!
If you start by being aware of what you're eating & throw in some exercise - then you'll start seeing the pounds come off.

I'll post more tips soon!

...xox...

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment