Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Catch Me If You Can

Before I share with you some of my favorite exercises and routines that I use on a weekly basis - I want to go over one basic fact:

Cardio is your best friend.

I don't know about you - but I think the most beautiful, healthy & fit body is: toned, long & lean. (This DOES include curves.) How do you get this type of body? Step #1 - add cardio to your workout. 


What is considered cardio?
  • Running (my personal favorite)
  • Swimming
  • Biking/Cycling
  • Dancing
  • At the gym, you can use the elliptical & treadmill.

Cardio is an entire body workout. If you do the proper amount of cardio each week, you will notice your body changing and becoming more and more toned.

Sometimes people don't realize that if you do 500 crunches a day - you will never see results unless you add cardio to your fitness routine.

Cardio, actually, is a fantastic ab workout. Have you ever been in a cycling class and the instructor told you to "suck your stomach in to your spine"? That is because your abs are powering you through the workout.

Other than my daily runs every week - I probably only work on my abs 2x a week. It's all I need with all the cardio I do!

So, how much cardio do I do in one week? I run 5x a week and try to do a cycling class 1x a week - which makes a total of 6x per week. 

That can be a lot to some people - but I do recommend that you do cardio 4x per week for at least 45 minutes. When I run outside or at the gym, I usually run anywhere from 45 minutes to one hour. I rarely have a cardio session that's less than 45 minutes.

Try adding cardio 4x a week - and let me know what happens! ;)

Princess Running Shoes

...xox...

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment