Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Eating Healthy 101

I've always been asked questions about what I eat and how I prepare my meals for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Well - it all starts with what you buy at the grocery store.

I've always been told to shop around the outer edges. In other words, don't go down the aisles.

Why?

Because that is where ALL the processed foods are - which are so harmful to your body. I try to stay away from anything that is pre-packaged and/or I cannot read the ingredients on the label (ex. Maltodextrin - which was on the back label of a Cheetos bag).

So, what are around the outer edges at your local grocery store?
  • Veggies, Fruits, Meats, Milk, Orange Juice, Yogurt, Cheese, Poultry, Seafood, Breads
More importantly - I try to shop organic. I know it can get expensive. So, if you are on a budget (like me), then you should really concentrate on buying organic milk (I've heard horror stories about "regular" milk) & meats (steaks, chicken, pork & fish).

So, the next time you are at your local grocery store - remember to shop only around the outer edges. Then, you can start cooking meals with "real" ingredients. It will taste better than anything coming right out of a box. And, when you cook healthy meals - you will lose weight!

Stay tuned for some healthy recipes! ;)


Pink Kitchen

...xox...

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment