Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Runners' Glass Slippers

As a runner, there is nothing I love more than my running shoes. The type of shoes that you have and their condition can really make a difference on your run.


What type of running shoes do I use? Asics. They are the absolute best! I've tried other brands before - and I've decided they don't even compare.


Shoes I don't recommend? I'm not a fan of Nike. My very first pair of running shoes (when I was 16) were a pair of Nikes - and let me tell you... I had shin splints like no other.


So, if you are an avid runner - how many times a year should you trade in your old ones? The recommended amount (if you run 3x or more a week) is every 3 months.


I just bought a new pair yesterday (I was WAY overdue):

My new shoes!
Ok... so they aren't pink. It's okay to branch out every so often. ;)


So - where did I find these? Nordstrom Rack! There is no need to pay full price for these shoes. I have seen Asics at: Nordstrom Rack, DWS, Loehmann's & other "discounted" stores. These running shoes can get pricey (the ones I bought were $135 retail... and I got them for 65% off).

What are your favorite running shoes?

...xox...

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment