Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Love Story

Real love stories never have endings. 

I wholeheartedly believe every word of that statement. I count my blessings everyday that I found the person that I will spend the rest of my life with. 

When did I realize this? Truthfully, I knew within the first few months of dating. I was only sixteen - but there has always been this strong attraction between us. Even now (after 8 years), there has never been a moment where we have lost that "spark".

If there are a few helpful "suggestions" I can give any person with a significant other, it would be these:

  • When you have a significant other, you need to make sure you have your own identity. It's important to always stay true to who you are & what you want out of life. As much as Tyler and I love each other and try to spend as much time together - we make sure we have time for our own hobbies. We each have goals in life - and we are each others biggest cheerleader.
  • Treat each other with respect. There has never been a time where Tyler and I have exchanged hurtful and heartless words to each other. And he definitely has NEVER laid a hand on me (same goes for me). 
  • Don't get stuck in a routine. When you slip into a routine - your relationship can easily get boring. Spice things up. Plan a picnic at a beach - surprise your lover with a card on their car seat (that they find when they go to work). It's important to make your significant other feel loved.
  • Communicate. This is HUGE. If your significant other is doing something you don't approve of - talk to them! If there is anything that you feel uncomfortable about - talk to them! It's so important to openly communicate. Tyler and I always talk through everything. 

I'm not saying I consider myself an expert in the relationship department - I just know what works for us. ;)

Tyler & I :)
"As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change. . . I will always keep falling in love with you." I love you, Tyler!

...xox...

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment