Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Fitness Boutiques

Ever since I wrote my first blog post about all the "fitness boutiques" that I like to visit - I have had others tell me about their favorites, too. 

So, what did I do? Naturally, I tried them! 

Here is my opinion:


One great thing about Orange Theory is that your first class is free. So, what is it? This fitness boutique is a workout that "is broken into intervals of cardiovascular and strength training, using a variety of equipment including treadmills, rowing machines, TRX suspension training™ and free weights to tone your body". It's pretty much a great workout all squished into 60 minutes. 

Truthfully, I really liked the atmosphere - but I don't think it's worth paying for this workout over a long period of time. I think this workout is great for you to learn about weight training and mixing cardio. The class I took did not involve a lot of TRX (which I would have liked to have seen more of). 

Summary: A great workout - but I think you should take what you learn at this workout and apply it at the gym. You can do pretty much everything at this studio that you can at the gym. But, I do think this workout is great to do every once in a while. By the way - this is a franchise, so if you are not in South Florida - than you should see if there is one in your area!


I have been searching for a great Vinyasa yoga studio ever since I moved to South Florida after college. It has taken me two years, but I have finally found one! It's called American Yoga - and it's located in Deerfield Beach, FL. I tried a class here the other week (they offer a FREE class every Sunday) - and I was sore for 3 days after! Let's just say - I'm hooked! Even if you haven't tried yoga before - Vinyasa is a must.

Summary: I have tried other Vinyasa studios in the South Florida area - and have not found one as good as this. Also, the atmosphere is wonderful! The floors are wood (which I love), and it has an overall organic feel to it.

Other Opportunities:

**Lululemon (Located at Town Center Mall in Boca Raton, FL) - offers a FREE yoga class every Sunday at 6:30pm.

**Suspension Yoga - I was told there was a fantastic studio in Fort Lauderdale that offers Suspension Yoga. I think this will be my next fitness boutique conquest. Have you tried this type of yoga before?

One more thing... I have been thinking about starting my own "Fitness Queen" class every Saturday by the beach in East Boca. It would incorporate cardio, pilates & strength training. (BTW - I am certified in Beginner Pilates). If I had a lot of people interested - then I would move forward with it. I will incorporate all my weekly work-outs!

Pink Workout


Any other fitness boutiques that you suggest for me?

Also, I really appreciate those who read my blog posts! ;)

...xox...

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment