Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Today's Inspiration

I must say that I'm huge on quotes and all inspirational sayings. I always look for some kind of inspiration throughout my everyday life - whether it's a quote I see in passing or a phrase I liked while reading a book.

Anyways, I received an email today from my Mom. She does forward me lots of emails - but this one struck a different note with me. So much so - that I wanted to share it with you:

‘What is truth?’ Pilate asked Jesus (John 18: 38).

A new seeming truth asserts itself and those who recognize it as the end of the world as they know it resist and are bitter and hostile.


Those who were sick of the old and want something entirely new are carried away with enthusiasms and passion … and they wish to impose their newly-found truth upon the world.


Both have completely nullified the really creative work at hand.


In the reign of the Holy Spirit – the world of possibilities – blossoms forth and is to be found in the present moment.


In a time of great change, one can be very preoccupied with what is ending or very obsessive with what seems to be beginning.


In either case, one losses touch with the pearl that is in the present with its obscure, but dynamic, possibilities.

 
Truth and goodness are to be found in openness, readiness, attention, courage to face risk … to not know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going … to recognize the possibilities offered by the present moment and to embrace them with courage, faith and hope.

Such are the ways of love.

Such is the place in which to remain ... always.


I'm sure each person who reads this will have their own interpretation. However, this is what I took from it:

There are going to be times in your life that require great change - both good and bad. However, we should never lose touch with the present. Because before you know it - that moment will be in the past, too. Also, know that God will never present you with an obstacle that He thinks you can't handle. We need to accept our fate and move forward with courage, faith & hope. Perhaps this fate will bring you to new possibilities - those that wouldn't have been possible without this "big change". 

Don't miss your chance to live in the moment.
...xox...

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment